There are two ways to log an email in HubSpot:
Using the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension: This is the easiest way to log an email in HubSpot. The extension adds a sidebar to Gmail that gives you access to HubSpot's marketing and sales tools, such as email tracking, lead scoring, and contact management. When you send an email from Gmail, you can choose to log it in HubSpot by clicking the "Log" checkbox.
Manually: If you do not have the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension installed, you can manually log an email in HubSpot by following these steps:
- Go to the contact record in HubSpot that you want to log the email to.
- Click the "Emails" tab.
- Click the "Add email" button.
- Enter the email's subject line, from address, and body.
- Click the "Save" button.
Once you have logged an email in HubSpot, you can view it in the contact record's timeline. You can also use the email to track the contact's engagement with your business.
Here are some additional tips for logging emails in HubSpot:
- Be as detailed as possible: When you log an email, be sure to include as much detail as possible, such as the email's subject line, from address, body, and any attachments. This will help you keep track of your email correspondence and make it easier to find the information you need later.
- Use the "Log" checkbox: If you are using the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension, be sure to check the "Log" checkbox when you send an email. This will automatically log the email in HubSpot.
- Log follow-up emails: If you send a follow-up email to a contact, be sure to log it in HubSpot. This will help you track the contact's engagement with your business and make it easier to see how they are progressing through your sales funnel.
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.